6th Form entrance tests
Everyone has a general interview that will include a critical thinking exercise where you will be asked to read a piece and to examine the logic, consistency and persuasiveness of the arguments on either side of a debate.
If you wish to study HL Mathematics, Further Mathematics, HL Language or A Level Modern Language you will take a subject test and interview. All scholarship applicants must attend an entrance testing day.
International students who require an unconditional offer, or any student not taking GCSE or IGCSE qualifications will also need to sit an entrance test.
The tests are 30 minute assessments for each subject that the candidate wishes to study for A Level or IB (except for Italian ab initio SL where there is no entrance assessment).
In addition, there is an English Language aptitude test for those students not being taught through the medium of English at the moment.
The content of these assessments is broadly inline with GCSE / IGCSE curriculum requirements for the particular subject. We are used to assessing students from a wide range of educational backgrounds.
Entrance assessments must be done either:
- With us in Cambridge.
- At an authorised examination centre. For example at the candidate's own school if it is a testing centre for an internationally recognised qualification such as the International Baccalaureate or for Cambridge International Examinations.
- At the British Council.
Key dates for 2020 entry
- 6th Form Colleges Open Evening: Monday October 14 2019 - 18.30-21.00
- Deadline for registrations to be received, including Scholarship application(s): Monday 4th November 2019
- Academic Scholarship, Entrance & International Entrance Testing Day: Saturday 23 November 2019
- Sport, Drama, Music and Art Scholarship interviews: 18 - 22 November 2019
- Offers are made: Friday 13 December 2019 (latest)
- Offers to be accepted: Thursday, 9 January 2020 at 2pm
If you have any questions please contact us.